I have my 20 blocks and it was not time to arrange them how I wanted them to go together for the quilt. This required me spreading them out on the floor and trying out different arrangements, then standing back and looking at how all the colours balanced each other. This is what I eventually decided upon:

I had chosen the colours that had been on the instructions because I found the idea of creating my own colour palette overwhelming for my first time. However, next time I would like to choose my own colours and create my own colourful feel to a quilt. When deciding on colours, many people draw out the outline of their quilt, make some photocopies and colour it in with markers to experiment with colour options. Some people use Adobe Illustrator to create a quilt line template and play with colour in the program. You can also use an App called Recolour where you upload a template of the quilt can can play around with colouring it in.

Once I decided on my quilt block arrangement, I sewed the blocks in rows, and then sewed the rows together to make my quilt top! I’m very happy with how it turned out. It’s not perfect, its perfectly imperfect 🙂 Next, I have to sew some backing fabric and get some batting and begin the arduous process of basting my quilt together so that I can actually begin quilting. Stay tuned!