This week we learned about different Learning Design Models that integrate technology into the classroom in different says. The three we touched on were:

SAMR

S = Substitution: tech acts as a substitute with no functional change.

A = Augmentation: tech is a direct tool substitute with functional improvement

M = Modification: tech allows for task redesign

R = Redefinition: tech allows for the creation of new tasks preciously not possible.

TPACK Framework

Integrating content, pedagogical, and technological knowledge

Constructive Alignment

Always designing for learning. Look to the learning goals to inform teaching strategies. Technology integration fits in while keeping the goal always as the learning outcomes.

These models got me thinking about how I want to use technology in my future classroom. However, it is very challenging to commit to anything when I don’t know where I will end up in the career. I think it is dependent upon what grade you teach, what resources your school has, and the students in your class as to how much I want may to use or not use technology. I can say that I have ideas of how I would like to be able to use it, but it’s all a dream at the moment. I think technological skills are important, and I would like to be able to integrate it as part of my classroom, but there are many factors to consider.

We also discussed classroom discussion strategies.

Using a picture and asking: what do you see? What do you know? What do you wonder? is a great opener to ignite discussion and interest in a topic

There is a big list of Classroom discussion strategies listed at Cult of Pedagogy

We also tested out